Reconstruction of the National narratives and Counter-Violent Extremism Model for Pakistan
- After Study Hours: Exploring the Madrassah Mindset
- Education for peace and harmony
- Reconstruction of the National narratives and Counter-Violent Extremism Model for Pakistan
- Role of Post-Noon Engagements of Madrassa Students in Radical Orientation
- Promoting Inclusive and Tolerant Educational Narratives
- Islam, Democracy and the Constitution of Pakistan
- Minority Rights in Pakistan: Historic Neglect or State Complicity?
- “Creating an environment that counteracts militant ideologies and radicalism in Pakistan”
- Through Each Other’s Eyes
- The Role of Ulema in Promotion of Peace and Harmony in Society
- Critical Ideologies: A Debate on Takfeer & Khurooj
- سماجی ہم آہنگی ، رواداری اور تعلیم
- سماجی ہم آہنگی کیسے ہو؟
- اسلام جمہوریت اور آئین پاکستان
- پر امن اور متوازن معاشرے کے قیام میں علماء کا کردار
- اسلام جمہوریت اور پاکستان
- ایک دوسرے کے نظر سے
- مسئلہ تکفیر و خروج
- ماہنامہ الشریعہ
- Media Safety in Pakistan
- تعلیم امن اور ہم آہنگی
- Regulating Broadcast Media: Challenges & Reforms
- Afghanistan-Pakistan Peace Process and Scenarios for the Future
Understanding violent extremism and the ways to counter it are among the major themes PIPS has been exclusively focusing on since its establishment in the last quarter of 2005. The other main areas of PIPS‟ focus are also directly or indirectly linked to counter-violent extremism (CVE) such as conflict analysis and peacebuilding;
religion and conflict; internal and regional security; media for peace and
democracy; and dialogue.
PIPS launched a multifaceted program of understanding and countering violent extremism and radicalism in Pakistan in 2007, titled “PIPS De-radicalization Plan (2007-2013)”. The Plan encapsulated the related concepts of empirical understanding
of radicalization and religious extremism, de-radicalization, and counterradicalization.
PIPS executed a host of activities linked to this progressive model
traversing three levels: [i] Taking its basic input from empirical studies and surveys aimed at understanding the issue of violent extremism and radicalization, [ii] it underwent processes of knowledge creation and knowledge sharing to evolve certain strategies which were [iii] implemented at the final stage of de-radicalization and/or countering radicalization.